Tuesday, September 11, 2007

saturday nights

having my first beer of the week
on a crowded drag
on saturday night is
a fun and good thing.

and i had a chicken
burrito. and it tasted like it should have
you know?

and i don't drink as much as i used to
(i don't even drink
as much as i used to
when i used to say i didn't drink as much
as i used to)

and i was thinking about writing this
and i was hoping it could be a good thing
and someone would read it and put
some money in an enevelope and send
it to me.
and i could put that money in a bank account
one that i will not touch
and i will make a note on the account
that if i ever withdraw money from
that particular account, that the tellers
should give me a disapproving look.
i think that would work

and then i was driving home and singing
and i had my shirt off for some reason
and i was thinking of writing more good things
you know? and i would get more money for
this account.

and then at some point when your dad will eventually come to me
and say
she is my daughter and all that...
and i could say
look at these things i have written!
look at this account! i will take care of everything!

i fell asleep on my back
and i dreamt i was giving you a haircut
and it was an okay job, i think

and i kissed you
on the street

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home